Pet owners know how scary it is to see their four-legged friends suffer. Not knowing what to do makes it even scarier. Bees and wasps are ideal for chasing. The quick zigzag motions provide endless amounts of fun for your furry friends. However, the trouble kicks in when your furry friends get stung. Even though most insect stings are not serious, your pet can have a severe allergic reaction.
The buzzing sounds of stinging insects can bring about your cat’s predatory instinct. This might cause them to swat or even eat these stinging pests. For dogs, their playful nature makes it difficult for them to avoid being stung. Dogs can dig up an underground wasp’s nest or bark at the insect, causing them to sting in defense. RID Pest Control can help provide protection from hidden pest dangers. If your pet is stung by a bee or wasp, don’t panic. Here’s what to do.
Check Your Pet’s Body
After moving your pet to a safe area, check to see which part of your pet’s body was stung. Unlike bees, a wasp’s stingers remain intact. This means that wasps can sting your pet multiple times. Most pets suffer stings to the paws, mouth and face. Stings inside the mouth are serious and require immediate medical attention. Check to see if your pet has any of the following symptoms of a bee/wasp sting.
- Swelling of the nose, eyes or paws
- Chewing or scratching of paws or face